WHY this Workshop?
Create your organizational Strategy and draft OKRs for both the executive team as well as departments in just 5 days! This sprint is the fastest, easiest, and most fun way to collaboratively discover and articulated next year’s strategy for your organization and top-departments.
Most valuable, as part of this workshop we train and equip a leader in your organization on HOW to deliver this workshop in the future. We teach you “how to fish” and apply this in the future to tackle the next big challenge.
WHAT do I get out of it?
- The WHAT: Next years strategy expressed as Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Initial view on HOW these OKRs will be realized via next year roadmap
- An engaged invigorated executive team of organizational leaders excited and ready to implement the Digital Transformation
- Most importantly, a Trained Leader in your organizations that can lead this workshop again in the future (including workshop templates and materials).
WHO should participate?
- Group 1: Senior Leadership (C-Suite)
- Group 2: Department heads with their leadership teams (e.g. VP + Directors)
- Supporting experts as needed
HOW does it work?
Please note: The following agenda can executed as a one-week retreat-type activity OR be split into half days over two weeks to accommodate everyone’s schedule.
- Prerequisites for this Workshop
- Any long-term organizational strategy
- Any organizational roadmaps for the upcoming year, especially if some activities are continuing
- Organization’s structure and org. chart related to Digital Transformational efforts
- Executive leaders & Department leaders with 3-5 committed days (7 days for the hosting leader / facilitator)
- Pre-Planning & Leader Training [Host / Leader only]
- Session purpose, overview, format, logistics, setup, and formal invitation
- Detailed workshop run-through focusing on leader facilitation
- Outcome: Workshop readiness and clear purpose
- Day 1: Get Inspired, Informed, and Focused [Group 1 + supporting experts]
- AM: Get inspired (Customer Stories) and informed (market research)
- PM: Get focused: Identify, score, and select key themes for next year
- Outcome: Key themes to focus on for next year
- Homework: Consider how to best measure success of these themes
- Day 2: Write initial Objectives & Key Results [Group 1]
- AM: Crash-course on writing and using OKRs
- PM: Draft annual OKRs based on Themes selected on Day 1
- Outcome: Draft annual OKRs for the organization
- Homework: Consider what targets to use for organization Key Results
- Day 3: Finalize and Share Refined OKRs [Group 1 + Group 2 + supporting experts as needed]
- AM Group 1 Only: Refine OKRs and targets
- PM: Group 1 shared Annual refined OKRs + targets with Group 2 (with initial questions, feedback, & organizational impediments)
- Outcome: Refined OKRs clearly shared with Department leaders
- Homework: Finalize Annual OKRs before engaging Departments
- Day 4: Draft Department OKRs [Group 2 + Group 1 + supporting experts as needed]
- AM Group 2: Crash-course on writing and using OKRS with all Department leader groups together
- AM Group 1: Refine & finalize Annual Organizational OKRs based on Day 3 feedback (required for productive PM session)
- PM Group 2: Breakouts for each department to draft their OKRs (requires separate rooms & additional OKR coaches) and support required / organizational impediments to achieve them
- Outcome: Draft Department OKRs to realize organizational OKRs
- Homework: Consider what targets to use for Department Key Results
- Day 5: Shared and Refine Department OKRs [Group 2 + Group 1 + supporting experts as needed]
- AM: Group 2 Department Leaders present Department OKRs to Group 1 Senior Leaders as well as other Department Leaders (with initial questions, feedback, & impediments)
- PM Group 2: Breakouts for each Department to refine their OKRs (requires separate rooms & additional coaches) and establish clear targets
- PM Group 1: Key actions to overcome organizational impediments to support Department OKRs
- Outcome: Refined Department OKRs with targets as well as initial action plans for the biggest impediments
- Homework: Visualize + share all OKRs to staff and related communications plan
- Post-Planning & Leader Training [Host / Leader only]
- Workshop retrospective and leader training
- Collaboratively produce final version of all resulting work and decisions (draft version is available right after Day 5 of the workshop).
- Outcome: All final documentation and assets
- For virtual workshop, we will provide online tools (Mural)
- For on-site workshops, location is provided by the client (ideally a large boardroom)
- The room must include a large wall / area minimum 10 meters wide (glass, whiteboard, wood, drywall or any combination) used to plan and visualize findings
- Large boardroom table for discussion and collaboration
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks are provided by the client
This workshop costs vary depending on number of departments and leaders. Please contact us for a quote.
Additional as-needed costs covered by the client (can be provided at additional cost):
- Workshop location (provided by the client)
- Any food / drinks / treats provided during the workshop
- Travel, room, board, and related
Do you have other questions?
Access the Sprint Workshop FAQ page