This fun engaging program guides your Finance and Procurement teams as they journey into relevant Lean & Agile principles and practices. Business Agility is just as relevant in the executive boardrooms as it is in working teams. We draw lessons from early business leaders like Edward Deming, Taiichi Ohno, and Jeff Sutherland… all the way to modern-day experts like Henrik Kniberg, Dean Leffingwell, David J. Anderson, and Niklas Modig.
This customizable program focuses on applying principles to evolve practices in your organization. Modern Business Agility is principle-based, outcome-focused, and people-powered. It integrates not competes with existing operating approaches in your business. More importantly, it is able to achieve both short-term business / customer results AND long-term organizational culture change.
- Reorganize approaches around value over function
- Investment funding over project budgeting
- Strategic partnerships over reactive controls
- Early small proactive pivots over large reactive shifts
- Empower financial decisions over controlling them
- Quarterly Dynamic Funding (Budgeting)
- Lean Funding (Budgeting) Guardrails
- Value Stream Funding (can incorporate OKRs)
- Iterative RFP & Procurement approach
- Participatory Funding (Budgeting)
- Innovation Funding & Accounting
Business Agility Action Plan
- Analysis & 12-month Evolution Strategy
- 6-month Pivot Execution Plan (including risks)
- 6-month Staff Training & Communications Plan
- Plan ZigZags (alternate paths to success)
- New team norms & agreements
- Mindset: Deep understanding of Lean Agile Principles & their context
- Application: Develop relevant practices to accelerate your business objectives
- Practical: Define fast adoption path for new practices
- Finance and Procurement Directors / Managers
- Lean Agile coaches in your organization
- Maximum 12 participants per session
Course Formats & Duration
- Virtual 2 X 6-hour workshop (two full-days)
- Virtual 4 X 3-hours workshop (four half-days)
- On-site 2 X 6-hour workshop (client provides location)
None. No previous knowledge of Agile / Lean / Scrum or business-level agility is required. However, basic understanding of Agile practices is highly recommended.
No exam is required. Completed “Business Agility Action Plan” completed during the program serves as demonstration of skills and knowledge acquired.
- $9,000 CAN / $6,500 USD ($1,200 non-refundable deposit)
- Expenses for on-site