Why this Dojo?
In just a few hours, your executives / leaders will understand key Holocracy principles, learn how to apply them, and practice these principles in exercises relevant to their unique business context. The “dojo” approach is designed to achieve profound yet rapid growth.
What is an Executive Leadership Dojo?
“Dojo” refers to a new way of leadership enablement, coaching, and training. It is based on the training principles used in Japanese martial arts including mindfulness / awareness, deep understanding of principles, and real practical experiences all within the context of deep respect for people and their environment. This approach focuses on the needs of the participant (rather than general knowledge) to achieve profound yet rapid growth. Dojo’s often include four components:
- Zazen “Reflection”: Gaining a deeper understanding
- Kata “Form Training”: Learning & deconstructing a specific pattern / knowledge
- Randori “Sparring”: Practical exercises (in pairs with peers)
- Kamae “Stance”: Setting a new mental and physical posture (readiness for change / action)
Dojo Topic: Agility in Business (Holocracy)
This half-day Dojo will focus on three main operating model principles (based on the Holocracy Constitution):
- Circle Structure – A team “circle” contains and integrates many roles. This article describes how a circle is structured, and how the roles within it are assigned, elected, or formed into further sub-circles.
- Governance Process – A circle’s governance process is used to define its roles and policies. This article defines the governance process and the ground rules for proposing changes or objecting to proposals.
- Operational Process – The circle members of a circle rely on each other to help get their operational work done. This article covers the duties of circle members with respect to supporting one another, and how tactical meetings work.
This workshop costs $100 CAD per person / minimum 10 participants (includes cost of materials for exercises / activities)
Additional as-needed costs covered by the client (can be provided at additional cost):
- Dojo location ideally away from all distractions (provided by the client)
- Any food / drinks / treats provided during the workshop
- Facilitator / trainer travel, room, board, and related
Please contact us to schedule the workshop.