Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies.
During this attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe®. Attendees also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change in government.
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe®
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Government Agile Teams introducing SAFe®
- Government Agility Leaders & Coaches
- Government DevOps Leaders & Coaches
Course Formats & Duration
- 3 days virtual (recommended)
- 9 am to 4 pm / Max. 20 students
- 2-days on-site (client provides location)
- 8 am to 5 pm / Max. 24 students
- No customizations allowed by SAFe
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- No previous knowledge of SAFe® is required
- Online exam provided by SAFe completed by student within 30 days of course end date
- Multiple choice 45 questions in 90 mins
- 75% pass rate (33 of 45 questions)
- Each exam retake attempt $50 US
More information at Scaled Agile Framework Website