WHY this Workshop?
Hack creating your InfoTech Transformation Strategy in just 3 days! This sprint is the fastest, easiest, and most fun way to collaboratively discover and create the most compelling purpose and the best IT Transformation roadmap for your organization.
Most valuable, as part of this workshop we train and equip a leader in your organization on HOW to deliver this workshop in the future. We teach you “how to fish” and apply this in the future to tackle the next big challenge.
HOW does it work?
- Prerequisites for this Workshop
- Existing organizational roadmaps (e.g. sales, marketing, product) effecting any potential IT Transformation efforts
- Any existing IT Transformation roadmaps, plans, budgets, roadmaps, industry research, and other information (if any is available)
- Organization’s structure and org. chart related to IT Transformational efforts
- Cross-functional executive team with 3 committed days (5 days for the leader)
- Pre-Planning & Leader Training [Leader only]
- Session purpose, overview, format, logistics, setup, and formal invitation
- Detailed workshop run-through focusing on leader facilitation
- Outcome: Workshop readiness and clear purpose
- Day 1: Discover the Big Challenge [6 to 12 people]
- AM: Discover the real shared purpose for your IT Transformation
- PM: Learn about the five aspects of IT Transformation and establish balanced KPIs
- Outcome: Create the most compelling, powerful, and relevant WHY
- Day 2: Create a Great Roadmap [6 to 12 people]
- AM: Map out existing corporate milestones and complexities
- PM: Develop a holistic roadmap for the IT Transformation
- Outcome: Create a great IT Transformation Roadmap
- Day 3: Setup for Success [6 to 12 people]
- AM: Test your transformation purpose and roadmap with few key staff
- PM: Proactive Risk Management and ROI Analysis
- Outcome: Readiness for IT Transformation planing and execution
- Post-Planning & Leader Training [Leader only]
- Workshop retrospective and leader training
- Collaboratively produce final version of all resulting work and decisions (draft version is available right after Day 3 of the workshop).
- Outcome: All final documentation and assets
WHO should participate?
- IT and other Managers and Directors involved in the IT Transformation
- Key stakeholders impacted by the IT Transformation (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing)
- Legal, compliance, risk management and any other regulatory stakeholders necessary to develop the roadmap
- At least one ultimate decision makes (e.g. VP of IT) who can enter the stage in a few critical times to direct key decisions
WHAT do I get out of it?
- The WHY: Clear, powerful, emotive, compelling, and relevant purpose for your staff to adopt the changes
- The HOW: A shared holistic 1-2 year roadmap for IT Transformation
- The WHAT: A comprehensive list of efforts, costs (direct and indirect), and risks required for your unique IT Transformation
- An engaged invigorated executive team of organizational leaders excited and ready to implement the IT Transformation
- Most importantly, a Trained Leader in your organizations that can lead this workshop again in the future (including workshop templates and materials).
- For virtual workshop, we will provide online tools (Mural)
- For on-site workshops, location is provided by the client (ideally a large boardroom)
- The room must include a large wall / area minimum 10 meters wide (glass, whiteboard, wood, drywall or any combination) used to plan and visualize findings
- Large boardroom table for discussion and collaboration
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks are provided by the client
This workshop costs $21,000 CAD / $17,000 USD (includes cost of materials)
Additional as-needed costs covered by the client (can be provided at additional cost):
- Workshop location (provided by the client)
- Any food / drinks / treats provided during the workshop
- Travel, room, board, and related
Do you have other questions?
Access the Sprint Workshop FAQ page