WHY this Workshop?
Evolve your product / service design in just 5 days! This “sprint” is the fastest, easiest, and most fun way to… choose your next product / service, to accelerate evolution of your current product / service offering, to address a significant product / service problem, or just to stimulate and innovate a stagnant product / service.
Most valuable, as part of this workshop we train and equip a leader in your organization on HOW to deliver this workshop in the future. We teach you “how to fish” and apply this in the future to tackle the next big challenge.
Please Note: This sprint is based on Product Design Sprint approach developed by Google Ventures.
HOW does it work?
- Prerequisites for this Sprint
(provided by client or via Product / Service Strategy Sprint)
- Clear holistic and comprehensive personas for key customer segments
- Clear product / service definition relevant and emotive to target persona
- Product / service narrative relevant and emotive to target persona
- Cross functional team with 5 committed days (7 days for the leader)
- Pre-Planning & Leader Training [Leader only]
- Session purpose, overview, format, logistics, setup, and formal invitation
- Detailed workshop run-through focusing on leader facilitation
- Outcome: Workshop readiness and clear purpose
- Day 1: Understand the Big Challenge [team of 6 to 20 people]
- AM: Map out the customer experience / context / environment
- PM: Build a depth of shared knowledge between all team members
- Outcome: Decide on the biggest challenge (problem or opportunity) to tackle
- Day 2: Brainstorm and Select Best Solution Ideas [team of 6 to 20 people]
- AM: “Ideation Avalanche” where hundreds of solution ideas are board
- PM: Initial conceptualization of 10+ great ideas (e.g. sketches)
- Outcome: Create a wide and rich spectrum of solution ideas
- Day 3: Develop Best Ideas [team of 6 to 20 people]
- AM: Develop best ideas through customer experience storyboards
- PM: Discuss and vote on the best 3+ ideas
- Outcome: Pick the 3+ best ideas to prototype
- Day 4: Rapid Prototyping of Best Ideas [team of 6 to 20 people]
- AM: Develop prototypes for best ideas
- PM: Finish prototypes and develop scripts for Customer Interviews
- Outcome: Idea prototypes are ready for customer test
- Day 5: Test Prototypes with Real Customers [team of 6 to 20 people]
- AM: Test the prototypes with 5+ customers
- PM: Review findings and decide on the best solution to implement
- Outcome: Identify the best 1+ solution for the Big Challenge
- Post-Planning & Leader Training [Leader only]
- Workshop retrospective and leader training
- Collaboratively produce final version of all resulting work and decisions (draft version is available right after Day 5 of the workshop).
- Outcome: All final documentation and assets
WHO should participate?
- Product Managers / Owners responsible for the product / service vision and direction
- Marketing and Sales Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for promoting and selling the product / service
- Business Insights Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for customer and business insights critical to make business decisions
- User Experience Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for customer experiences
- Implementation and delivery Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for creation and delivery of the product / service
- At least one ultimate decision makes (e.g. Product / Service Director) who can enter the stage in a few critical times to direct key decisions
WHAT do I get out of it?
- Clear, developed, and customer-tested product / service ideas and prototypes ready for market implementation
- Hundreds of other product / service ideas that can evolve your product / service offering and drive incremental impact / profit
- An engaged invigorated collaborative team of cross-functional leaders excited and ready to implement the product / service prototype
- Most importantly, a Trained Leader in your organizations that can lead this workshop again in the future (including workshop templates and materials).
- Location is provided by the client (ideally a large boardroom)
- The room must include a large wall / area minimum 10 meters wide (glass, whiteboard, wood, drywall or any combination) used to plan and visualize findings
- Large boardroom table for discussion and collaboration
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks are provided by the client
This sprint costs $18,000 CAD (includes cost of materials)
Please note multiple products / services often require multiple sprints.
Additional as-needed costs covered by the client (can be provided at additional cost):
- Workshop location (provided by the client)
- Any food / drinks / treats provided during the workshop
- Travel, room, board, and related
Do you have other questions?
Access the Sprint Workshop FAQ page