WHY this Workshop?
Create your product or service strategy in just 3 days! This sprint is the fastest, easiest, and most fun way to define your target customer, to define your product / service, and to create a powerful narrative that will effectively promote your product / service to your target customer.
Most valuable, as part of this workshop we train and equip a leader in your organization on HOW to deliver this workshop in the future. We teach you “how to fish” and apply this to future business needs.
HOW does it work?
- Prerequisites for this Sprint
- Current Product / Sales Information
- Current Customer Information
- Cross functional team with 3 committed days (5 days for the leader)
- Pre-Planning & Leader Training [Leader only]
- Session purpose, overview, format, logistics, setup, and formal invitation
- Detailed workshop run-through focusing on leader facilitation
- Outcome: Workshop readiness and clear purpose
- Day 1: Understanding customers & their motivations [team of 6 to 15 people]
- AM: Customer Segment Persona development (both existing and opportunity)
- PM: Customer Empathy Map development
- Outcome: Clear holistic understanding of the customer
- Day 2: Defining your Product / Service [team of 6 to 15 people]
- AM: Discover initial product / service definition for relevant Customer Persona
- PM: Evolving product / service definition increase relevance and motivation
- Outcome: Clear holistic understanding of the product / service
- Day 3: Creating Product / Service stories [team of 6 to 15 people]
- AM: Product / service narrative (via storyboard) development
- PM: Storyboard presentation to 3-5 customers for feedback
- Outcome: Powerful, relevant, and customer-tested product / service narrative
- Post-Planning & Leader Training [Leader only]
- Workshop retrospective and leader training
- Collaboratively produce final version of all resulting work and decisions (draft version is available right after Day 3 of the workshop).
- Outcome: All final documentation and assets
WHO should participate?
- Product Managers / Owners responsible for the product / service vision and direction
- Marketing and Sales Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for promoting and selling the product / service
- Business Insights Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for customer and business insights critical to make business decisions
- User Experience Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for customer experiences
- Implementation and delivery Leads / Managers / Team Members responsible for creation and delivery of the product / service
- At least one ultimate decision makes (e.g. Product / Service Director) who can enter the stage in a few critical times to direct key decisions
WHAT do I get out of it?
- Prioritized, holistic, and comprehensive Personas for your key Customer Segments prioritized based on value / opportunity (11 X 17 posters including confirmed demographics, psychographics, typical contexts, typical behaviours, empathy map, and their motivation to acquire your product or service).
- Clear Product / Service Definition that’s most relevant and emotive to the highest opportunity customer segment (11 X 17 poster including clear benefit hypothesis, competitive differentiator(s), and preliminary description for top-funnel TOFU, middle-funnel MOFU, and bottom-funnel BOFU communications).
- Product / Service narrative via Commercial Storyboard (1 per product / service) to be used as guideline for targeted customer segment communications and ads (11 X 17 poster including a relevant storyline, relevant context, and strong emotive call to action).
- Most importantly, a Trained Leader in your organizations that can lead this workshop again in the future (including workshop templates and materials).
- Location is provided by the client (ideally a large boardroom)
- The room must include a large wall / area minimum 10 meters wide (glass, whiteboard, wood, drywall or any combination) used to plan and visualize findings
- Large boardroom table for discussion and collaboration
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks are provided by the client
This sprint costs $12,000 CAD (includes cost of materials)
Please note multiple products / services often require multiple sprints.
Additional as-needed costs covered by the client (can be provided at additional cost):
- Workshop location (provided by the client)
- Any food / drinks / treats provided during the workshop
- Travel, room, board, and related
Do you have other questions?
Access the Sprint Workshop FAQ page